POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : No POV-Ray at Renderosity site : RE: No POV-Ray at Renderosity site Server Time
4 Aug 2024 08:25:28 EDT (-0400)
  RE: No POV-Ray at Renderosity site
From: Txemi Jendrix
Date: 7 Sep 2003 12:43:33
Message: <3f5b6035@news.povray.org>

noticias 3f5b3c43$1@news.povray.org...
<snip>
> > Modellers exist for POV.
> Moray? SPatch? Yeah, some do exist. But can they really
> compete with Lightwave, Maya, etc? I'm not so sure about
> that.
> (AFAIK though, Maya has a POV-Ray Plug-In...)

 Modellers for povray?. Almost every 3D$ program can act
as a modeller for povray, if you have crossroads or poseray
(or 3DWin if you go to the shareware side).  You can export
from almost every 3D format to pov.
I have used a lot of programs to model something rendered
later with povray.
If you want to model scenes with great control over povray
SDL (almost complete now via plugins (DirectCode, animation,
isosurfaces p.e.) and including a mesh editor with UV _mapping,
the best option (IMHO) is Moray.
You can also make complete scenes with Hamapatch
(radiosity, photons, lights, textures,...).
It's a shame you cannot use your pov models in other programs
(I'm still waiting for someone who create a converter from
mesh or mesh2 to obj or 3ds.)

I think that the level of knowledge and practice you have with
the program you are using is what really makes the difference
(and usually the amount of work invested in an scene also
counts ;-)

Just my 2 cents.

Txemi Jendrix
http://www.txemijendrix.com